Your Benilde Mail is assigned to you as soon as you officially join Benilde. It gives you access to the Google Apps for Education account which are the same apps as the regular account with some bonuses.
For your personal use, it is a good idea to use your personal Gmail account. But for school-related things, there are many advantages to using your Benilde Google account.
- It does not have any ads, which means fewer distractions and more productivity.
- Your combined Gmail and Google Drive storage is much bigger.
- It is more secure. Sharing files within the organization is easy. Outside the organization is not possible unless you specifically allow it, this includes access to regular Gmail accounts.
- Google apps integrate seamlessly with BigSky.
- Finding email addresses of anyone in the organization is easy to find
- One login gives you access to all Google apps
- It gives you access to pro or edu versions of other software such as Canva, Adobe, Autodesk, and Microsoft that have features not available in the basic versions of the apps.
How big is my storage on my Benilde Google account?
Google announced that new storage limits for Google Workspace for Education will take effect in July 2022. This new storage model will be a fixed storage, shared by all users across the institution. To prepare for this, we need to check our current storage usage, and delete unnecessary files from Google Drive, Gmail, and Photos applications. Let’s make sure we don’t exceed 15 GB of storage by completing the following steps:
- Confirm how much storage you’re using, by going to https://drive.google.com/settings/storage.
- Review and delete large or unnecessary files in Drive, by going to https://drive.google.com/drive/quota.
- Consider deleting Drive content that you may have copied from a shared drive. If a file resides in 2 locations, it may be consuming twice the storage space.
- Search for and delete unnecessary or large emails, by going to “Manage files” in your Google Drive storage and follow the instructions for Gmail.
Alternatively, we can use our Microsoft O365 OneDrive for our files. We each have 1 TB of storage for our accounts. To learn more, click here.
How do I login to my Google Account?
Go to Google.com on your browser and click on the SIGN IN button at the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
That will bring you to the sign-in page. Type in your Benilde email address. It is your full name (with your first and second name together and your last name separated by a dot) followed by @benilde.edu.ph. If you do not have a second name, then just your first name.
Click on NEXT, this will bring you to the next screen which will ask for your password. By default, this will be the same as your INFONET password. Click on NEXT again. You are now logged into your Benilde Google account and can access all Google Apps in the suite.
Need further assistance?
Please submit a ticket.