When you hear alarms and security personnel instructing you to evacuate, do the following:
- Use the nearest safe and unobstructed exit.
- Evacuate immediately. Seconds count. For earthquakes, evacuate as soon as the shaking stops.
- Be guided by exit signs and posted exit plans.
- Do not use elevators during earthquakes and fire emergencies.
- All associates (faculty and non-teaching) are to assist guests and students during evacuation.
We regularly conduct drills to practice what to do in case of evacuations. In situations like this, follow what you did during the drills. Make it a point to know the locations of exits, alarms, and fire extinguishers before these things happen.
Need further assistance?
Please submit a ticket.