Back up Google Files and Emails
With your Google Workscape account, you can use Google Takeout to back up your emails and files. Takeout lets you save files from your Gmail and Google Drive and upload them to a different storage space when you’re about to exceed your storage allocation.
Follow these steps to do this:
- Sign in to your Google Workspace account and go to Google Takeout.
- Select the data that you want to back up. Tick the checkbox corresponding to the data you want to save (example: Gmail, Google Drive).
- Click Next Step.
- To download your files through a link sent to your email set the Destination to Send download link via email.
- Set the Frequency to Export Once.
- Set the file size to 2 GB. You can set this to a higher file size depending on the total file size of your backup.
- Click Create Export and wait for an email from Google. File export might take time based on how large the file is.
- Once you received the email, click the download link to save the files on your computer.
Need further assistance?
Please submit a ticket.