In this Article
< All Topics
You are here:

Apply to an Undergraduate Degree

Applying is the first step in getting into De La Salle-College of St.Benilde. 

Applications for undergraduate programs are accepted every term. When is the application schedule?

The application for first-year applicants for AY 2022-2023 is not yet open. In the meantime, you can view the application procedures from the previous school year to have a head start in preparing your requirements. 

Students who want to apply for 2nd term AY 2021-2022 can follow the application procedures. 

Do you want to be notified once the application schedule is available? 

You can like our Facebook page AdmissionsAtBenilde or follow us on Twitter @Benilde.AdC for announcements and updates on the application schedule.

Who can apply to undergraduate programs?

First-year College Applicants

  • Grade 12 Senior High School student and graduate eligible to proceed to college 
  • Has not yet enrolled in any tertiary education institution in the Philippines or abroad
  • Filipino student who passed the Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) and/or Bureau Alternative Learning System (BALS or ALS) Test
  • Non-Filipino and dual citizen applicants including:
    • An international student who graduated from Philippine high schools
    • Permanent resident with Alien Certificate of Registration
    • A dual citizen who declares Filipino citizenship

International Students

  • Includes non-Filipino students with the following visa types: tourist visa (9a), diplomat visa (9e), balikbayan visa, permanent residents with I-Card (Sec 13a-g), working visa dependents (9g), investor’s visa (47a2), Special Investors Resident Visa (SIRV), dependents of retirees visa holders, Special Retiree Resident Visa (SRRV), Philippine Retirement Visa (PRV), and EO324 and 226
  • Must have a valid passport with a corresponding tourist visa at the time of application


  • College students who wish to transfer to Benilde after enrolling in other colleges or universities

Second Degree applicants

  • College graduates who wish to pursue another bachelor’s degree in Benilde

Working Students

Working students are those who are at least 19 years old and are engaged in part-time or full-time work. You can apply to an undergraduate degree program of your choice as long as you can keep up with the course schedule. You can also choose to apply to our Career Development Programs (CDP) which are conducted as night classes and offered to working students only.

International student applicants with a tourist visa (9a) or student visa (9f) are not allowed to enroll in CDP in compliance with Immigration law that prohibits student/ tourist visa holders to work while studying in the Philippines.

School of Deaf Education and Applied Studies (SDEAS) Applicants

  • Filipino Deaf or Hard of Hearing with Filipino Sign Language (FSL) competency

Those who passed the initial evaluation but need to improve on FSL competency may be required to go through FSL courses

  • International Deaf or Hard of Hearing students with Filipino Sign Language (FSL) competency

International student applicants will go through the Filipino Sign Language 1, 2, and 3 courses, Deaf activities, and community exposure acculturation.

Learn more about our undergraduate programs by going to this link.

I graduated from high school before the implementation of the K-to-12  program; can I apply to Benilde?

We only accept applicants who graduated in Senior High School under the DepEd K to 12 Curriculum. If you are a high school graduate under the old basic education curriculum, you need to go through a bridging program first before you can apply to Benilde.

Do you accept exchange students? 

Yes, we accept exchange students from our international academic partners. If you’re planning to apply as an exchange student in Benilde, email

How do I apply? 

Follow these steps to apply:

  1. Go to the Benilde Online Admission Application page. Create an account and submit the online application form.
  2. Pay the non-refundable admission processing fee of Php 600.00 for Filpino citizens, Php 2,500.00 for International student applicants, and Php 200.00 for Deaf and BASAP applicants. You can pay this in any branch of the following banks:

Take a clear photo of the transaction slip and send it with the requirements along with the following information:

  • Date
  • Amount
  • DLS-CSB Account number
  • Student name

3. Send soft copies of the following documents to with the subject set to Application Requirement Submission

  • Filled out Online Application Form with signature 
  • PSA Birth certificate
  • Validated passport (for foreign applicants)
  • Proof of Payment (Admission Processing Fee)
  • Other applicable requirements

4. Log in to your account in Benilde Online Admission Application to view your application status on the posted release date.

What application requirements do I have to submit?

Submit soft copies of the following documents to with the subject set to Application Requirement Submission to proceed with your application:

First-year College Applicants

Give the recommendation forms to your school officials; they will answer the form and send it directly to us. In the absence of the recommendation forms, you can submit a Certificate of Good Moral Character.

Give the scholastic record form to your school registrar; they will answer the form and send it directly to us.

  • Grade 12 senior high school report card (applies to high school graduates only)
  • Certification with the school seal from the registrar stating that the F-137 was not

forwarded to any school here or abroad (applies to high school graduates only)

  • Written essay of what you did after graduation up to the present signed by the applicant and parent/guardian
  • Proof of admission processing fee payment; include the name of the applicant for proper identification

Transferees, International Transferee Students, Transferee Working Student, and Second Degree Applicants

  • Accomplished Pre-Application Questionnaire Form
  • Accomplished Online Application Form 
  • Submitted Applicant’s Consent (Verification/Authorization)
  • PSA Birth Certificate
  • Certificate of Good Moral Character
  • Certified unofficial Transcript of Records for transferees or official Transcript of Records for second-degree applicants
  • Application letter stating the reason(s) for taking a second-degree program (applies to second-degree applicants only)
  • Transfer Credential or Honorable Dismissal (for transferees only, required for confirmation of accepted applicants)
  • Endorsement from Registrar’s Office (for International Transferee applicants)

To get an endorsement, send soft copies of the following documents to Mr. Albert Golimlim at

  • Passport Visa Page
  • ACR I – Card (if applicable)
  • Proof of admission processing fee payment; include the name of the applicant for proper identification

Additional Requirements for:

Non-Filipino and Filipino applicants who graduated or studied in schools overseas:

  • Transcript of Records (TOR) translated in English and duly authenticated or apostille stamped by the Philippine Foreign Service Post (PFSP) of the school’s country of origin

International Students:

  • Passport
  • Birth Certificate/Family Register
  • Photocopy of Alien Certificate of Registration (for permanent residents only)
  • Certificate of Graduation and/or Diploma (for first-year college applicants only)

Dual Citizens:

  • Must declare that they are dual citizens in their application for admission to Benilde
  • Choose only one citizenship for registration and enrollment in Benilde

You agree to maintain and be bound by your chosen citizenship throughout your stay in Benilde. It means that you cannot change your citizenship at any point in your stay in Benilde until you graduate. 

For example, if you chose Filipino as your citizenship, you will go through the requirements and subjects required to be taken by Filipinos (e.g. NSTP). You cannot request to suddenly change your citizenship to avoid this.

If you chose American as your citizenship, for example, you will submit the requirements and fees required for international students.

Whichever citizenship you chose will not be changed throughout your stay in Benilde.

  • If you choose your foreign citizenship, submit the requirements for international students
  • If you choose to use your Filipino citizenship, submit any of the following:
    • Photocopy of valid Philippine passport
    • Photocopy of Order of Recognition and/or Identification Certificate of Recognition

Deaf applicants:

  • Latest Audiogram Result (taken within the previous year)

Working Student applying to Career Development Programs:

  • Photocopy of Certificate of Employment with compensation

You may also be required to submit additional proof of employment such as TIN Number, SSS, or GSIS Number, and a copy of your latest Income Tax Return.

Self-Employed Applicants:

  • Business Permit

You may be required to submit additional proof of business such as TIN Number, SSS, or GSIS Number, and a copy of your latest Income Tax Return.

Can I submit an NSO birth certificate instead of a PSA birth certificate?

No, we require our applicants to submit a Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) birth certificate. 

As a transferee/second degree applicant, will my previous subjects be credited? 

Crediting of subjects for transferees and second-degree applicants, if applicable, will be determined before enrollment, subject to the crediting policy of the college. DLS-CSB follows the new General Education subjects required by CHED as a requirement for all of our degree programs for all new students, including transferee and second-degree applicants. In most cases, only P.E. and NSTP may be credited. You can submit a Request for Advance Credit or Course Credits through the Registrar’s Office along with the application. 

Since there are no entrance exams, how will I be evaluated?

Since the Benilde Entrance Exam (BEE) is currently waived, applicants will be assessed based on their grades or transcript of records. You may also be invited for an online interview when needed. 

If you passed the initial evaluation and you applied to the following programs, you will go through a second screening process :

AB Music Production

  • A Music Production Entrance Examination (MPEE) that assesses the knowledge and skills of the applicant in the following areas of music:
    • Music Theory – identification of music symbols and terms
    • Music Notation – determining sequence order of notated music themes
    • Listening – harmonic, major and minor mode and interval identification
  • Interview/Audition
    • Determines applicant’s attitude, behavior, and perceptions towards music production as a field of study
    • Discussion of applicant’s personal vision and intended endeavors in the music industry
    • Assessment of applicant’s skills in music as evidence of his/her learning potentials in music production through actual performance or presentation of a portfolio

AB Theater Arts

Performance Audition in all of these areas:

  • Acting
  • Voice
  • Movement Admissions Interview

Bachelor in Performing Arts, Major in Dance

Dance Technique Audition or Interview

You will receive an email for your audition or interview schedule once we’ve received your complete application requirements.

I don’t want to proceed with my application; can I refund the application fee?

We’re sad to hear this. However, as stated in the application procedures, the application fee is non-refundable.

I missed the deadline; can I still submit my application?

We do not accept late application submissions, so make sure that you submit the requirements during the posted application period. 

I already submitted the requirements; how will I know if it was received?

We will send you an email to acknowledge that we have received your application requirements. 

How will I know if I missed submitting a requirement?

We will send you an email to inform you of the missing requirements so you can send them to us. 

I’m a school registrar. How do I submit our student’s scholastic records?

You can email your student’s scholastic record to Set the subject of your email to Undergraduate Scholastic_Student’s Complete Name (example, Undergraduate Scholastic_Juan Dela Cruz).

I’m a teacher/adviser/guidance counselor/discipline head/school principal; how do I submit the recommendation form for our student?

For undergraduate applicants, you can email the filled-out recommendation form to  Set the subject of your email to Undergraduate Recommendation_Student’s Complete Name (example, Undergraduate Scholastic_Juan Dela Cruz).

Our school would like to submit applications for all our students who want to apply to Benilde; how can we do this?

If you have many students who wish to apply to Benilde, you can send a batch application. Send us a message so we can guide you on our batch application process by following these steps:

  1. Go to the Contact us page.
  2. Choose Guest, then choose School Representative as the Guest Category.
  3. Set the Subject to School Batch Application.
  4. Describe the details of your request. Tell us about your school, an estimate of how many students will apply, and other details that we might need to know. Don’t forget to include your contact details.
  5. If you have additional files and documents that you want to share with us, click Attach file and upload the file.
  6. Type your Name and Email Address.
  7. Prove that you’re a human by ticking off the checkbox beside I’m not a robot.
  8. Click Submit Ticket

Your request is submitted. We’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible to guide you in our batch application process.

Does Benilde reserve an admission quota for each high school institution?

We assess applicants based on their aptitudes, capabilities, high school grades, and other requirements. We do not base admission on their schools. 

However, like other tertiary schools, Benilde has a limited number of slots for each program. Late applicants may not be accepted not because they are unqualified but because there are no more slots available for them. 

If you want to become a Benildean, apply and confirm right away.

How will I know my result?

Login to your account in Benilde Online Admission Application to view your application status. 

When will I know my result?

Application results will be posted on the Benilde Online Admission Application page on the posted release date.

Need further assistance?

Please submit a ticket.

Was it Helpful?

Previous Apply as a Student Athlete
Next Apply to Benilde Deaf School
Scroll to top