You can create awards that can be shared with other users in other courses, or restricted to the course and its child org units. If you restrict the award, it can only be added to the course offering in which you create the award, and any child offerings of that course.
- Within the course, do one of the following:
- On the navbar, click Awards.
- Click Course Admin. From the Assessments area, select Awards.
- Click Add Award to Course.
- Click Create Award.
- Enter a name and description for the new award.
- Select an award type from the drop-down list.
- Select the appropriate check boxes to indicate if you want the award to be available to other award managers, and where it is available within the org structure.
- Select the expiry options:
- If the award will not expire, select Never. Examples of awards that never expire are certificates of merit for passing a course, or badges for perfect attendance.
- If the award will expire on a specific date, select Fixed date. Examples of awards that will expire on a specific date are certifications for a skill that must be renewed, such as first aid training.
- If the award will expire on a day relative to the day the award was granted, select Relative Day of the Month. Examples of awards that expire on a relative date are badges for Learner of the Week or for having achieved 100% on a test or assignment.
- If you want to notify the award recipient before an award expires, select the check box and indicate the number of days of lead time.
- In the Choose Award Image area, do one of the following:
- If the image already exists in the image library, click From Existing Library.
- If you want to add a new icon to the image library, click Upload New Icon.
- To launch the OpenBadges website, click Create your own award image. OpenBadges is a free website that allows you to create custom icons.
- If you are creating a new certificate, in the Choose Certificate Template area, do one of the following:
- If the PDF template already exists in the image library, click From Existing Library.
- If you want to add a new template to the image library, click Upload New Template.
- Verify that the Issuer Information is correct.
- Ensure that the Associate this award to the <current course> on creation check box is correctly set.
- Click Save.
Watch the Video
Need further assistance?
Please submit a ticket.